Monday, December 6, 2010

Who Do You Want To Resemble?

A few months ago I told you about my two goldfish, Goldie and Fin. Well, over the past while, an interesting thing has happened, they began to look and act more and more alike, until finally they became exactly the same! Goldie remained the solid, bright orange fish, but increased her aggressiveness, while the larger and friskier Fin began to submit and loose the black colour on his fins. I originally chose Fin, because he looked different than Goldie and because I wanted to be able to tell them apart. Now they are virtually twins in the appearance and personality.

As I watched this happen gradually, I couldn't help believe that the same phenomenon were possible in the human world and I don't mean beginning to look like the people you associate yourself with, I mean taking on their character and habits.

As a result of this astounding observation, I recommend that as a little fish in the pond of big businesses, it's important to:

• Associate with peers who are smart
• Do business with those who have integrity and a strong moral code
• Be mentored by those who are wiser and more experienced
• Align with those who are kinder and just outright happy

If you ultimately become like your environment, be sure to choose one that you like.

Keep Swimming Little Fish!


1 comment:

  1. Great post! I must start hanging out with you more often...you're a smart cookie :)

    Natalie.
    www.jamison.ca

    ReplyDelete