Monday, September 6, 2010

Swimming For Survival

I have two pet gold fish and that's not because of my company name, but because someone gave me one and I bought the second to keep the first one company. These 79 cent feeder fish, whom I've named "Goldie and Fin", swim in a bowl just like the one in my logo and over the past 3 months, I've noticed some very interesting behaviour.....

1 Little Fish Fact:
If they don't swim and look for food....they don't eat and will eventually die.

1 Little Fish Philosophy:
The bills can't get paid (let alone be successful) if you just sit there and wait for the phone to ring. Go out and look for your ideal client.

2 Little Fish Fact:
The smaller fish eats all of the smaller flakes of food.

2 Little Fish Philosophy:
Your larger competition isn't interested in your prospects, but you should be interested in the prospects that are too small for them!

3 Little Fish Fact:
If they hide under a rock....no one knows that they're there.

3 Little Fish Philosophy:
Do your potential customers even know that you exist? Get out and get noticed and of course, do good work!

4 Little Fish Fact:
The smaller fish can reach into nooks that the larger fish can't.

4 Little Fish Philosophy:
Look for clients that your larger competitor can't find.

Keep Swimming Little Fish!


1 comment:

  1. First I must say I just love your site. Second, your blog made me remember that even though I am a little fish in a big pond that if I just keep doing what I'm doing I will be alright. My story is very similar to that of a little fish, however I left the big pond in December last year. I use to work for Sunlife and now I am an independent advisor, so this analogy made me smile.

    Thanks for brightening my day!

    Cindy O'Donnell, BA, RHU
    www.cindyodonnell.ca

    ReplyDelete